- "Eat, eat. Hot. Good food, hmm?"
- ―Yoda, while serving Luke Skywalker rootleaf stew
Root-leaf stew was a meal that the Jedi Master Yoda used to prepare during his years of self-imposed exile on Dagobah. It consisted in a mix of roots and swamp weed that was left to boil for ten minutes, and had a sour taste. Yoda notably prepared root-leaf stew the evening that he met Luke Skywalker, who would then become his Jedi apprentice. According to Skywalker, the stew had the consistency of boiled brains, and its smell reminded him of a garbage depot in the hot season on Tatooine. Nevertheless, it did not taste as bad as it looked. When Skywalker stayed with the Ewoks of Bright Tree Village on Endor, he was served a dish of root stew, which he found "not quite as bad" as the one prepared by Yoda.
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi? (First identified as root-leaf stew)
- Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side! (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit