Rootleaf stew was a favorite meal of Jedi Master Yoda during his exile on Dagobah. It was a staple of his diet, supplemented by yarum seeds, mushroom spores, galla seeds, and sohli bark. Yoda prepared rootleaf stew the evening that he met Luke Skywalker.
Behind the scenesEdit
In an unusual promotional campaign for the Empire Strikes Back radio dramatization, National Public Radio hired Craig Claiborne, a renowned chef and food critic, to create a version of rootleaf stew that could be made with ingredients originating from Earth. The recipe was published in newspapers and magazines across the United States.
- Yoda: Dark Rendezvous (Possible appearance)
- Rebel Force: Hostage
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back junior novel
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Inside the Worlds of the Star Wars Trilogy
- The Empire Strikes Back: The National Public Radio Dramatization, Introduction
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (under rootleaf)