- "Eat, eat. Hot. Good food, hmm?"
- ―Yoda, while serving Luke Skywalker rootleaf stew
Rootleaf stew was a favorite meal of Jedi Master Yoda during his exile on Dagobah. It was a staple of his diet, supplemented by yarum seeds, mushroom spores, galla seeds, and sohli bark. Yoda prepared rootleaf stew the evening that he met Luke Skywalker.
Sometime following 0 BBY, a facsimile of rootleaf stew was available to spacers throughout the galaxy. It appeared to be made of a rich assortment of the swamp planet's unique flora. However, it was in fact made from fiberplast.
Behind the scenesEdit
In an unusual promotional campaign for the Empire Strikes Back radio dramatization, National Public Radio hired Craig Claiborne, a renowned chef and food critic, to create a version of rootleaf stew that could be made with ingredients originating from Earth. The recipe was published in newspapers and magazines across the United States.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire
- Yoda: Dark Rendezvous (Indirect mention only)
- Rebel Force: Hostage
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Replica)
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back junior novel
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- The Empire Strikes Back: A Storybook
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- The Empire Strikes Back: The National Public Radio Dramatization, Introduction
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (under rootleaf)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – The Price of Victory (Card: Yoda Soup Bowl Replica)