Snow and ice
Rothana was the headquarters of Rothana Heavy Engineering, a subsidiary of the Kuat Drive Yards corporation, which was responsible for creating the various war machines of the Grand Army of the Republic. It was protected by a KDY corporate-security starfleet. Due to its close proximity to Kamino, Rothana was chosen by the Kaminoans to manufacture the vehicles and vessels of the clone army.
During the reign of the Galactic Empire, Rothana was host to several advanced Imperial ship-constructions, including the automated dreadnought Eye of Palpatine. The planet became an Imperial fortress world, but was abandoned by the Empire once the Rebel Alliance won the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY.
Behind the scenesEdit
Curtis Saxton mentioned in an interview with TheForce.Net that Rothana was named in Star Wars Attack of the Clones: Incredible Cross-Sections after an intervention from George Lucas.
- Republic Commando: Hard Contact (Mentioned only)
- Republic Commando: True Colors (Mentioned only)
- Traitor (First mentioned)
- The Unifying Force (Mentioned only)
- Bloodlines (Mentioned only)
- Roleplaying Game Revised Core Rulebook
- Attack of the Clones: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- Revenge of the Sith: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (galaxy map)
- Starships of the Galaxy, Saga Edition
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 35
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (under Rothana Heavy Engineering)
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded
- "The Art of Warfare"—Star Wars Insider 133