Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "This is a dangerous situation, Your Highness. Our security volunteers will be no match against a battle-hardened Federation army."
- ―Panaka, to Queen Amidala
The Royal Naboo Security Forces, also called the Naboo Security Forces or Naboo Royal Guards, were the corps responsible for policing the planet of Naboo as well as protecting its monarch and people.
The Security Forces, while mostly composed of volunteers, were trained in hand-to-hand combat, marksmanship, as well as responding to attacks such as assassination attempts against the Naboo monarch. However, the Security Forces were a policing organization, and not trained as a standing army. The Security Forces included three divisions: the Palace Guard, the Security Guard, and the Naboo Royal Space Fighter Corps.
During the Invasion of Naboo the Security Forces, under the command of Captain Panaka, were overwhelmed by the Trade Federation's droid army. With the assistance of the Jedi they were able to evacuate Queen Padmé Amidala on her Naboo Royal Starship piloted by veteran Fighter Corps member, Ric Olié. Later, during the Battle of Naboo, the Security Forces retook their homeworld with the assistance of the Jedi and the native Gungans.
When Amidala became a Senator, she continued to receive protection from a Security Forces detail under the command of Captain Gregar Typho. During Amidala's return to Coruscant, Typho was able to disguise her and used a decoy. His concerns were merited as the shuttle came under attack, killing several guards though Amidala remained alive.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Blue Shadow Virus"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mystery of a Thousand Moons"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Children of the Force"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Spy"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Corruption"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Assassin"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sphere of Influence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Heroes on Both Sides"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Pursuit of Peace"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow Warrior"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis on Naboo"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Rise of Clovis"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Disappeared, Part I"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Shattered Empire, Part II
- Shattered Empire, Part III
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy