- "They blew up my father's castle and all of Alderaan with it."
- ―Leia Organa, to Eneb Ray
The Royal Palace of Alderaan also known as the Mountain Palace, served as the residence of the House of Organa, the royal family of the planet Alderaan. Thanks to the skills of the Alderaanian architects, the palace and the city around it blended smoothly into the local snow-capped mountains. An elegant building, its design captured the opulence of royalty.
One of the palace's balconies overlooked a lake. Leia Organa's childhood bedroom was situated high in one of the palace's towers. Bail Organa's roomy palace office had more than enough space for a desk, a few chairs, and an aquarium full of brightly colored sea creatures. The palace's south terrace looked out over the River Wuitho, and the smaller villages on the outskirts of Aldera. The palace also contained a library with ancient paper books.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Assassin"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Leia, Princess of Alderaan
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy (Appears as a hallucination)
- "You Owe Me a Ride"—From a Certain Point of View (Mentioned only)
- "Eclipse"—From a Certain Point of View
- Princess Leia, Part II (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars 19: Rebel Jail, Part IV (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 33: Rebels in the Wild (Mentioned only)
- Bloodline (Mentioned only)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as mountain palace)
- Star Wars: ABC-3PO
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia (First identified as Royal Palace of Alderaan)
- Dawn of Rebellion (First identified as Mountain Palace)