The humanoid bounty hunter Rum Sleg spent time in Mos Espa spaceport on the planet Tatooine in the year 32 BBY. While in the spaceport, he passed by a DRK-1 Dark Eye probe droid shortly before attending the Boonta Eve Classic podrace in the Mos Espa Grand Arena. He sat in the arena's stands and cheered for the Dug podracer Sebulba, who ultimately lost to the human racer Anakin Skywalker.
Rum Sleg was a humanoid male who worked as a bounty hunter during the reign of the Galactic Republic. In the year 32 BBY, Sleg was walking through the streets of the Mos Espa spaceport on the planet Tatooine, when he passed a DK-1 Dark Eye probe droid that had been sent out by the Sith apprentice Darth Maul to search for Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and Queen Padmé Amidala of the planet Naboo.
The bounty hunter later attended the Boonta Eve Classic podracing event and sat in the stands at the Mos Espa Grand Arena, where each of the three laps of the race started and ended. Sleg cheered when the Dug podracer Sebulba passed through the arena in the lead after the first lap of the race; however, during the final lap, the Dug crashed and was beaten by the human podracer Anakin Skywalker.
While on Tatooine, Rum Sleg wore a painted-skull visor to cover his face, along with a red-and-black suit of armor, including a helmet and a silver backpack. He also carried a blaster pistol holstered on his belt.
Behind the scenesEdit
Rum Sleg first appeared as a background character in the 1999 film Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. The character's name originated in the Boonta Eve Podrace expansion set of the Star Wars Legends Young Jedi Collectible Card Game, released by Decipher, Inc. on September 5, 2001.
For the new Star Wars canon, Rum Sleg's name was used in the mobile card game Star Wars: Force Collection, which initially launched on September 4, 2013. Although the launch of Force Collection predates the Star Wars canon reset of April 25, 2014, Lucasfilm Story Group member Leland Chee confirmed that the game was kept updated to fit with canon.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Rum Sleg (★★) (link))
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, which includes Rum Sleg's time on Tatooine, to 32 BBY.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- ↑ Young Jedi Collectible Card Game - Boonta Eve Podrace (Card: )
- ↑ DECIPHER.com : Young Jedi. Young Jedi Collectible Card Game. Decipher, Inc. (2001). Archived from the original on October 1, 2017. Retrieved on October 1, 2017.
- ↑ screenshot) — Leland Chee of the Lucasfilm Story Group has confirmed that in-universe information from Star Wars: Force Collection conforms with Star Wars canon. (