Rutu was a male Ho'Din from Moltok and an officer of the Republic Navy. Following the surprise assaults against the Galactic Republic by Mandalorian forces in 3963 BBY, Rutu was promoted to the rank of lieutenant.
Rutu was a native of Moltok, a planet of huge rain-forests located in the Atrivis sector of the Outer Rim Territories. The Ho'Din served the Galactic Republic as an officer in the Republic Navy during the Mandalorian Wars. This war, between the Galactic Republic and the resurgent forces of the Mandalorians, began in the Outer Rim Territories, where the Mandalorians made a three-pronged assault against the Republic in 3963 BBY. In the aftermath of this assault, known by the Republic media as the "Onslaught," Rutu received a promotion to the rank of lieutenant. His promotion, reported in the Jimas Veltraa Memorial Edition of The Admiral's List, an official publication of the Republic Navy, occurred alongside that of notable officer Saul Karath to Rear Admiral.
Behind the scenesEdit
Rutu was created by John Jackson Miller, the author of the Knights of the Old Republic comics, and was mentioned in The Admiral's List: Jimas Veltraa Memorial Edition, appended to Knights of the Old Republic 13: Days of Fear, Part 1. This in-universe news source is designed as "an official communique for the Republic providing news from the 'regular navy' point of view," inspired by the "Napoleonic-era Britain's Naval Chronicle." Some of the promotions presented here are said to be confirmations of ones received on the battlefield, but it is not specified which these are or which are regular promotions.
- "The Admiral's List: Jimas Veltraa Memorial Edition" — Knights of the Old Republic 13: Days of Fear, Part 1 (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 "The Admiral's List: Jimas Veltraa Memorial Edition" — Knights of the Old Republic 13: Days of Fear, Part 1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III, p. 116 ("Rutu")
- ↑ Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races
- ↑ Star Wars: Rebellion
- ↑ News from the world of KOTOR -- literally! on the Dark Horse Forums (Posted 12/18/2006 12.27 PM by John Jackson Miller)