Ruuria, on the Hydian Way, was the home world of the insectoid Ruurians. The planet was located on the borders of the Tion Cluster, near the Corporate Sector. It featured tropical jungles, manufacturing centers, and universities. Ruuria was a member of the Unified Ruurian Colonies.
The Ruurians' society was made up of 143 colonies, and every Ruurian belonged to a single colony for life.
It briefly surrendered to the Imperial Remnant when Thrawn seemingly returned from the dead in 19 ABY. During the Yuuzhan Vong War, Ruuria was conquered by the Yuuzhan Vong though they left the natives alone after learning about their life stages and habits.
- Timeline 6: Onslaught of the Sith Empire (Mentioned only)
- (Mentioned only)
- Han Solo and the Lost Legacy (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Rebellion
- Vision of the Future
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The Essential Atlas
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook