Rya originally flew recon missions for the Royal Naboo Security Forces before joining Bravo Squadron under the command of Ric Olié. He later became an expert in starfighter defensive aviation tactics.
Kirsch flew as Bravo 4 during the Naboo Space Battle, and entered into combat against an attack fleet of Vulture droids. After joining Ric Olié in an attack run, Kirsch was killed after the Droid Control Ship's turbolasers fired on his starfighter.
Behind the scenesEdit
This character, played by ILM Visual Effects Supervisor John Knoll, continues the tradition of the in-cockpit death scene featured in all Star Wars space/air battles. Rya Kirsch is sometimes known as "Jet Porkins"—a reference to the pilot Jek Porkins, who had the first in-cockpit death during A New Hope.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace PhotoComic
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace Scrapbook (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Theed Palace Limited (Card: Bravo 4)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Theed Palace Limited (Card: Lieutenant Rya Kirsch)
- Star Wars Trading Card Game: Phantom Menace (as Naboo pilot)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 10 (NAB3, Naboo N-1 Starfighter) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 13
- "Immersive Menace!"—Star Wars Insider 131