Rycrits were herd animals native to Ryloth. They were quadrupeds with short fur, long faces, four nostrils, pointed teeth, and sharp cloven hooves. Twi'leks raised them for their hides, and as a source of meat (often served as rycrit stew).
Planets with a substantial Twi'lek population often imported rycrit herds. One such planet was Talasea, though the rycrits there went feral when the last of the Talasean colonists were killed by Imperial forces under Darth Vader.
- Labyrinth of Evil (Mentioned only)
- The Long Arm of the Hutt (Mentioned only)
- Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Bounty (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I: Conquest (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Journey (as insult)
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- "Smuggler's Log"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 3
- Platt's Starport Guide (Mentioned only)
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia (As Ryerit)