- "And my opponents?"
"Aside from the obvious ones? The entire Ryloth group—Orn Free Taa, Connus Trell, and Chom Frey Kaa. Also Toonbuck Toora, Edcel Bar Gan [sic], Po Nudo… Do you want me to go on?"
- ―Chancellor Valorum and Senator Palpatine, on the former's Yinchorri embargo act
The Ryloth Senatorial Delegation was a body of diplomats who represented Ryloth and the other planets of the Gaulus sector in the Galactic Senate of the Galactic Republic. The delegation consisted of a senator and their aides, although sometimes it was led by two co-senators. In 0 BBY, the Senate was shut down by order of the Galactic Emperor Palpatine, and the Rylothean delegation was disbanded along with all the others.
The Ryloth Senatorial Delegation sat in the Galactic Senate, the legislative and executive branch of the Galactic Republic. Its members represented the planet of Ryloth and the other worlds contained within the Gaulus sector, in the Outer Rim region of the galaxy. It occupied a repulsorpod in the rotunda of the Galactic Senate, and was led by one or up to three senators, with the help of their aides and protocol droids. In the last decades of the Republic, all members of the delegation were Twi'leks, the native inhabitants of Ryloth. The heads of the delegation were chiefly corpulent males who often used their attractive females assistants as badges of prestige, as was customary within their male-dominated culture.
- "The Senate recognizes Senator Orn Free Taa of Ryloth."
- ―Mas Amedda
By 33 BBY, the Ryloth delegation had three Twi'lek co-senators: Orn Free Taa, Connus Trell, and Chom Frey Kaa. That year, the whole group opposed the Yinchorri embargo act proposed by Supreme Chancellor Finis Valorum. At the time, Senator Taa had three consorts: a blue-skinned female named Pampy, a pallid male assistant and a red-skinned a female aide. He also had a protocol droid in his possession.
One year later, the Ryloth group endorsed the candidacy of Palpatine, head of the Naboo Senatorial Delegation, during the chancery election to replace Valorum. Shortly after the ascension of Palpatine to chancellorship, Connus Trell was killed by the bounty hunter Jango Fett, and Kaa was brought up on corruption charges and arrested in 31 BBY.
At some point during the Separatist Crisis, Senator Taa's red-skinned consort was replaced by the emerald green Supi. In the wake of the Clone Wars, the Republic was turned into the Galactic Empire, with the old congress becoming the Imperial Senate. However, nineteen years later, that new assembly was officially disbanded, and the Ryloth group disappeared along with all the other delegations.
- Cloak of Deception
- Darth Plagueis
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (Deleted scene)
- Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
- Star Wars: The Annotated Screenplays
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace Illustrated Screenplay
- Star Wars Episode I Who's Who: A Pocket Guide to the Characters of The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars 22: Twilight, Part 4
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Cloak of Deception
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
- ↑ 5.0 5.1
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ According to The Essential Atlas that the Galactic Senate was apartised by sectorial senators.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 11.4 Darth Plagueis
- ↑ Imperial Sourcebook