- "The Ryndellia system, near Naboo. Isn't that where our medical base is?"
- ―Anakin Skywalker
A star system located in the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories, near the Naboo system, the Ryndellia system was positioned near a multitude of star clusters, preventing large starships from charting courses longer than ten parsecs when traveling in proximity to the system. It contained Ryndellia and was the location of the Kaliida Nebula, which was the nesting place of giant neebray mantas. The Balmorra Run, a dangerous smuggler's route, ran through the nebula.
By the year 22 BBY, the Ryndellia system was home to the Galactic Republic's Kaliida Shoals Medical Center, where more than sixty-thousand clone troopers were tended to by Kaminoan doctor Nala Se. The Separatist Subjugator-class heavy cruiser Malevolence destroyed a convoy of medical frigates near Ryndellia, targeting even escape pods in its wake of destruction. The Malevolence then attacked Kaliida Shoals Medical Center, but was crippled by Shadow Squadron, a Republic BTL-A4 Y-wing assault starfighter/bomber squadron, before it could destroy the space station, forcing the heavy cruiser to retreat from the system with the Republic Navy in pursuit.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Ryndellia system first appeared in "Shadow of Malevolence," the third episode of the canon animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars' first season, which originally aired on October 10, 2008.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow of Malevolence" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destroy Malevolence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty Hunters" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Landing at Point Rain" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Murders" (Appears in flashback(s))