- "The Ryndellia system, near Naboo. Isn't that where our medical base is?"
- ―Anakin Skywalker
The Ryndellia system was a star system located in the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories, near the Naboo system, that contained Ryndellia. It was positioned near a multitude of star clusters, preventing large sharships from charting courses larger than ten parsecs in distance when travelling in proximity to the system. It was the location of the Kaliida Nebula, which was the nesting place of giant neebray mantas. The Balmorra Run, a dangerous smuggler's route, ran through the nebula. During the Clone Wars, it was home to the Galactic Republic's Kaliida Shoals Medical Center, where more than sixty-thousand clone troopers were tended to by Kamimoan doctor Nala Se. The Confederacy of Independent Systems Subjugator-class heavy cruiser Malevolence destroyed a convoy of medical frigates near Ryndellia, targeting even escape pods in its wake of destruction. The Malevolence then attacked Kaliida Shoals Medical Center, but it was crippled by Shadow Squadron before it could destroy the space station, forcing the heavy cruiser to retreat from the system with the Republic Navy in pursuit.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Ryndellia system first appeared in "Shadow of Malevolence," the third episode of the canon animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars' first season, which originally aired on October 10, 2008.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow of Malevolence" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destroy Malevolence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty Hunters" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Murders" (Appears in flashback(s))