Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Rystáll never knew her biological father. Her mother, Cyl Sant, abandoned her as a baby after they moved from New Bornalex to Coruscant. There she was adopted by an Ortolan couple who worked as musicians. Rystáll became a dancer in their performances.
In her younger days, Rystáll was a patron of the Galaxies Opera House, seen wearing only the finest attire. Following the end of the Clone Wars, Rystáll and her adoptive parents were enslaved by the Black Sun crime lord Xizor who had apparently become infatuated with the young dancer, though since he later put up the Sant family for a wager in a heated sabacc game, he seemed to care little for his slaves. Fortunately for Rystáll and her parents, a young Lando Calrissian won them in that very sabacc game. Lando despised slavery and set the trio free. The Ortolans then contacted their friend Max Rebo, who agreed to hire Rystáll as a dancer and backup singer for his band.
Rystáll performed in Jabba's Palace on Tatooine during Luke Skywalker's attempt to rescue his friend Han Solo. Rystáll's graceful form and beautiful, exotic features, accentuated by her luxurious szona body glove, managed to attract the attention of bounty hunter Boba Fett, who engaged in conversation with the dancer prior to Leia Organa's arrival at the palace.
Rystáll, along with Greeata Jendowanian (who had danced with her at Jabba's Palace), later joined a band known as The Palpatones. Although Greeata served as lead singer, as part of the band, Rystáll still gained fame for her musical ability. Her tenure with The Palpatones eventually brought her to Nar Shaddaa, where she met fellow Theelin Shug Ninx. While on Nar Shaddaa, Rystáll discovered that her father was among the last of the Theelin species. She then left The Palpatones in order to locate information on who her father was.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- The Return of Tag & Bink: Special Edition (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance) (Special Edition)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi junior novel
- "Renewing the Universe"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 10
- "Around the Galaxy"—Star Wars Galaxy Collector 1
- Star Wars: The Power of the Force (1995)
- "Star News"—Star Wars Insider 32
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: Rystáll)
- Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook, Special Edition
- Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Action Figure Archive
- "Ask Lobot"—Star Wars Insider 66
- "Who's Who in the Max Rebo Band"—Star Wars Insider 67
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 89 (German Edition - SHU4, Shug Ninx)
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith The Visual Dictionary
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- "A Bounty Hunter's Babe!"—Star Wars Insider 111
- "My Star Wars"—Star Wars Insider 141 (Picture only)
- (Indirect mention only)