- "Lock S-foils in attack position."
- ―Garven Dreis
S-foils were movable wings attached to a starfighter sometimes equipped with weaponry. The foils were locked in a closed position in normal flight, but when engaged in combat the foils spread open into an attack position. Notable model to have S-foils was the T-65B X-wing starfighter manufactured by Incom Corporation, posed a distinctive X shape when the S-foils were locked in attack position, which gave the laser cannons mounted on each wing a wider field of firing range.
Known models with S-foilsEdit
- ARC-170 starfighter
- A/SF-01 B-wing starfighter
- Eta-2 Actis-class light interceptor
- T-65B X-wing starfighter
- T-65C-A2 X-wing starfighter
- T-70 X-wing fighter
- T-85 X-wing
- TIE Advanced v1
- V-19 Torrent starfighter
- Delta-7B Aethersprite-class light interceptor
- UT-60D U-wing starfighter/support craft