| General information
- "It pleases me deeply to see such loyalty to the ideals of the Republic. It is the strength of this new generation that will lift us from the quagmire of treachery. I am inspired by your vision. It is this generation that will bring a new order to this chaos."
- ―Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, commending the young members of SAGroup for their patriotism
SAGroup was a sub-branch of the Commission for the Protection of the Republic (COMPOR), a political organization created to rally support for the Galactic Republic during the Clone Wars. Composed of adolescent citizens, SAGroup was reorganized as a part of the Commission for the Preservation of the New Order (COMPNOR) in 19 BBY following the formation of the Galactic Empire.
- "This is sensationalist nonsense. These echelons that gathered today mark the first generation of the SAGroup brigadiers. We cannot help that the first to join happened to be of human descent. We have non-human applicants, to be sure. Their applications are still under review."
- ―Crueya Vandron, addressing media concerns regarding membership within the SAGroup
During the last years of the Galactic Republic, the Separatist Crisis and subsequent Clone Wars resulted in a substantial increase in public support for the beleaguered Republic. As various planets, sectors and star systems seceded to join the Confederacy of Independent Systems, many pro-Republic citizens rallied to the newly-created Commission for the Protection of the Republic (COMPOR). A political movement dedicated to the preservation of the Republic, one of COMPOR's main objectives was to ensure its own future by recruiting younger generations into the organization's growing ranks. To that end, the Sub-Adult Group (SAGroup) was created as a sub-division of COMPOR.
However, the SAGroup was controversially—much like the rest of COMPOR—composed of a super majority of Human-born citizens. On Coruscant, the galactic capital, a youth rally was held at the Monument Plaza of Galactic City and broadcast by HoloNet News. While the rally itself was met with approval, critics disapproved of what they saw as Humanocentrism within the SAGroup. With roughly six thousand members in attendance, more than 95% were Human while the remainder were of near-Human descent. Crueya Vandron, a spokesperson for COMPOR, dismissed the media's criticism and stated that the organization was in the process of reviewing applications from non-Humans, although none had yet to be admitted. During the rally, SAGroup brigadier Nenevanth Tion—flanked by two clone troopers—gave a speech that praised Supreme Chancellor Palpatine for his efforts to defend the Republic against the Separatist Rebellion.
The end of the Clone Wars in 19 BBY not only signaled the Separatists' defeat, but also marked the Republic's transition into the Galactic Empire. Soon after the newly-anointed Emperor Palpatine established his reign over the galaxy, the Commission for the Protection of the Republic was renamed as the Commission for the Preservation of the New Order (COMPNOR). The SAGroup remained intact, but would serve in a new capacity as a tool for indoctrinating the core tenets of the New Order into young Imperial citizens.
Behind the scenesEdit
SAGroup was possibly intended to reference the Hitler Youth or perhaps the Junior Anti-Sex League, from George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four. Also, the initials "SA" stood for "Sturmabteilung," the Nazi stormtroopers.
- Republic HoloNet News Core Edition 14:9:04 (First appearance)
- Republic HoloNet News Special Inaugural Edition 16:5:24