The SE-14 was used by the B1 battle droids of the Separatist Droid Army during the Clone Wars and was referred to as the Separatist blaster pistol. Due to the touchy situation of producing weapons for an enemy of the Galactic Republic, BlasTech denied that it was one of their designs. Nevertheless, the pistol remained in use as a backup weapon for the Droid Army throughout the conflict.
After the fall of the Republic and the rise of the Galactic Empire, BlasTech was contracted by the Empire to produce the SE-14 weapon as a semi-automatic backup sidearm, known as the SE-14r. Another upgraded version, the SE-14C, was later released.
Behind the scenesEdit
The PlayStation 2 versions of the video games Star Wars: Battlefront and Star Wars: Battlefront II feature this as the Imperials' blaster pistol, as opposed to the scout trooper blaster pistol used in other versions of the games. The blaster also functions as the battle droid's sidearm in all versions of the game.
- Star Wars: Battlefront (First identified as SE-14)
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Jedi Knights Trading Card Game
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- LucasArts Battlefront website
- Star Wars Battlefront: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Guide: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Battlefront II: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars Battlefront: Prima Official Game Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Star Wars: Battlefront (series)
- ↑ Star Wars Galaxies
- ↑ Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: Ponda Baba's Hold-Out Blaster)
- ↑ The Parts of Star Wars