|SLD-26 planetary shield generator|
SLD-26 planetary shield generator
|Usage and history|
A CoMar product, the SLD-26 planetary shield generator was capable of protecting a small moon or large space station with a nearly impenetrable energy shield for an indefinite amount of time. It was the model used by the Galactic Empire on the forest moon of Endor to protect the second Death Star.
This shield projected an energy screen around the space station while being based on the moon and was efficient enough to do so indefinitely. The components of the SLD-26 included an emitter antenna, projection focusers, shield projector, focus dish, control stations, shield generator, and a large power core. The one drawback of the SLD-26 was that its large size and considerable tower height made it nearly impossible to conceal its location.
- Star Wars: Rebellion
- Choices of One (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi junior novel
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide (as Death Star Shield)
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 34 (END5-6, Endor - Shield Generator)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 138 (SHI6, Deflector Shields)
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Edge of Darkness (Card: Protection)