- "Command station, this is ST 321…"
- ―An Imperial officer
ST 321 served as the personal transport of Darth Vader, the right hand and secret Sith apprentice of Emperor Palpatine, sole ruler of the Galactic Empire. In 4 ABY, ST 321 brought Vader to the second Death Star, an Imperial planet-killing battle station being constructed in orbit of the Sanctuary Moon of Endor.
Although ST 321 had a captain assigned to it, Vader occasionally chose to pilot it himself. He notably did so shortly after the Emperor's arrival at the Death Star, piloting the shuttle down from the battle station to the Imperial base that guarded its shield generator on the Sanctuary Moon. Shortly thereafter, even as a massive battle between the Empire and the enemy Alliance to Restore the Republic took place in orbit, Vader dueled his estranged son, the Alliance hero Luke Skywalker, aboard the Death Star. Ultimately, Vader chose to redeem himself and turned on the Emperor to protect his son, but he was mortally wounded in the process. With the Death Star about to explode, Skywalker then used ST 321 to escape the endangered battle station along with his deceased father.
Upon slipping out of the fast-deteriorating Death Star, Vader's shuttle was almost intercepted by Shara Bey of the Alliance's Green Squadron, who proceeded to cover it from incoming TIE/IN interceptors after identifying its pilot, Luke Skywalker, as a friendly.
- Star Wars Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!
- Star Wars: The Original Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Shattered Empire, Part I
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 4.8 Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ Shattered Empire, Part I