Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The SW-4 ion cannon was a notoriously delicate weapon system, and its internal crystal matrices invariably vibrated out of alignment during flight or combat. Rebel mechanics came to dislike the SW-4 due to the time they were forced to put in to maintain the cannons. At the Battle of Yavin, only two of the Alliance's Y-wing fighters had functional ion cannons.
The BTL-S3 Y-wing variant had space for a weapons systems officer, who manually operated the SW-4 turret when necessary. Single-pilot variants had their cannons locked forwards for optimum covering fire, though some pilots chose to lock it facing aft to counter pursuers.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Stele Chronicles
- Star Wars Screen Entertainment
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide
- Star Wars: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Starships of the Galaxy
- Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – A New Hope Limited (Card: SW-4 Ion Cannon)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 37 (YWI1-2, Y-Wing Starfighter)
- Star Wars Blueprints: Rebel Edition