- "Then how about we settle that debt with a little game of sabacc?"
- ―Lando Calrissian to Hera Syndulla
Sabacc was a card game played in the galaxy. A sabacc deck comprised a number of face cards (including the Idiot, the Queen, the Evil One, and the Star) and four suits of fifteen pip cards (Flasks, Sabers, Staves, and Coins). The face value of the cards changed at random in play, but was locked as soon as the cards were placed on the sabacc table's special suspension field. That particularity made sabacc a complex and unpredictable game, as a potential winning hand could turn into a losing one if not used at the right moment.
A sabacc player's goal was to win the sabacc pot by collecting a hand of cards that totaled positive or negative 23, which generally would constitute a winning hand called Pure Sabacc. That hand could only be beaten by a rare and unbeatable hand called an Idiot's Array, which were three cards with a 0, a 2, and a 3.
Several variants of sabacc existed. One such variant was "Corellian Spike," which used a pair of six-sided dice. Han Solo won the Millennium Falcon from Lando Calrissian in a game of "Corellian Spike" sabacc, and Solo kept the pair of golden dice used in that game.
- Tarkin (Mentioned only)
- A New Dawn (First appearance)
- Lost Stars (Mentioned only)
- Always Bet on Chopper
- Star Wars Rebels – "Idiot's Array"
- Servants of the Empire: Imperial Justice
- "Rebel Bluff"—Star Wars Insider 158
- Star Wars Rebels – "Brothers of the Broken Horn" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Chewbacca, Part I
- Star Wars 5: Skywalker Strikes, Part V (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 16: Rebel Jail, Part I
- Star Wars 17: Rebel Jail, Part II
- Star Wars 18: Rebel Jail, Part III (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Lando, Part V (Cover only)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First mentioned, albeit indirectly)
- "The Perfect Weapon"
- Star Wars Episode VII The Force Awakens
- (First identified as Sabacc)
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- "Star Wars Rebels Recounted"—Star Wars Insider 156
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ; image #13 (of 17) (Indirect mention only)