Saché was a female human who served as one of the handmaidens of Amidala, Queen of Naboo. During the Invasion of Naboo, Saché and Yané remained behind as her sovereign and the other handmaidens fled their planet with Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and his disciple, Obi-Wan Kenobi. She later attended funeral ceremony of Master Jinn.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "I asked George if I could come and watch the shoot, and he asked if I wanted to be in the royal entourage. (...) I'm at the back with a hood on and you can't really see me. I don't even remember what my character was called."
- ―Sofia Coppola, about her role as Saché
Saché was portrayed by Sofia Coppola in Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. Coppola considers George Lucas, a long-time friend and working partner of her father Francis Ford Coppola, "like an uncle to me—he used to send me and my brother Roman Star Wars toys when we were little," and upon hearing he was going back to the saga, "thought it’d be so fun to see how they make them" as she was preparing her own directorial debut, The Virgin Suicides. When she asked Lucas if she could attend the shoot, he offered her the role of Saché, and she accepted as "it seemed like a good vantage point to watch without getting in the way."
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- The Phantom Menace Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- (First identified as Saché)