The planet was throughout most of its history peaceful yet secretive with strict laws. The planet's capital city was named Dorthus Tal City and located on an eponymous island. Sacorria had a moon named Sarcophagus, which was settled after the development of space flight and used as a gigantic graveyard for Sacorria's deceased inhabitants. The planet was ruled by the Sacorrian Triad—a secretive council of dictators consisting of one Human, one Drall, and one Selonian. Very little was known about the identity of the Triad and even their names were unknown. However, the Selonians on Sacorria were known to be descendants of a dishonored Selonian den. Decades earlier, the Triad was little more than the puppet of the Corellian Diktat, though by the time of the First Corellian Insurrection, it controlled Sacorria and passed a series of restrictive laws. These laws included one that prohibited women from marrying without their fathers' consent and another that made it illegal to marry an offworlder.
In 18 ABY, the same year that the Corellian Crisis took place, Lando Calrissian and Luke Skywalker traveled to Sacorria. Lando had earlier persuaded Luke to assist him on his "wife hunt". A target on his list included Tendra Risant, a Sacorrian native and a wealthy heiress. Eventually, Calrissian discovered that she was his true love, and the two fell in love with each other. Unfortunately, this was interrupted when Lando and Luke were expelled by the Triad since it was illegal for Tendra to marry an offworlder.
Meanwhile, the Triad began a plot to force the New Republic to recognize the Corellian sector as an independent state. To achieve this, they supported several insurgency groups in the Corellian system including the Human League of Corellia, the Overden of Selonia and the Drallists of Drall. The Triad also took control of the Centerpoint Station since they realized that its powerful planetary repulsors, interdiction and jamming fields, and its ability to destroy stars at will could be used as powerful weapons against the New Republic.
They were able to generate Centerpoint Station and used it to fire hyperspace repulsor bursts to trigger supernovas on targeted stars and to generate a system-wide interdiction field that prevented any hyperspace travel. However, their plan backfired when Thrackan Sal-Solo, leader of the Human League, betrayed them and activated Centerpoint's massive jamming field as well, preventing visiting Chief of State Leia Organa Solo from negotiating with the Triad.
In response, to this the New Republic contacted its Bakuran allies through Luke Skywalker who managed to persuade them to lend their defense fleet, which consisted of one Namana-class Light Cruiser and three Bakura-class Destroyers. This small fleet was equipped with powerful HIMS devices that allowed starships to travel through interdiction fields and would see action at the Battle of Centerpoint Station. During the battle, they defeated eighty Sacorrian and Corellian warships, though half of the Bakuran fleet was destroyed by the time New Republic reinforcements under Admiral Ackbar arrived.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Cloak of Deception (Mentioned only)
- "A Trooper's Tale"—Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.8
- Extinction (Mentioned only)
- Ambush at Corellia (First appearance)
- Assault at Selonia
- Showdown at Centerpoint (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic II: Refugee (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force (Mentioned only)
- Millennium Falcon (Mentioned only)
- Cracken's Threat Dossier
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- The Essential Chronology
- Bounties to Die For"—Star Wars Gamer 6 "
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 7 (PLA1, PLA3, Planets of the Core Worlds)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- Suns of Fortune
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.8