Sacred Villages were areas located on the desert planet Jakku. One of them, Tuanul, was populated by members of the Church of the Force, who eschewed modern technology and instead created their own in order to bring themselves more in touch with nature. It was destroyed thirty years after the Battle of Endor, during a conflict between the First Order and the Resistance. The settlement was sacked by the First Order.
Another Sacred Village was inhabited by people who venerated the Hutts as gods. Rumor had it that particular village was constructed around the gilded and bejewelled cranial mantle of Niima the Hutt herself.
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novel
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- The Force Awakens, Part I
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide (First identified as Sacred Villages)