Saelt-Marae was a Yarkora who worked for Jabba Desilijic Tiure, a powerful Hutt crime lord. Posing as a humble merchant, the Yarkora mingled with the various denizens of Jabba's fortress on Tatooine, learning of the intrigues developing behind the Hutt's back and revealing those to his employer. Shortly before the Battle of Endor, Saelt-Marae traveled on board Jabba's sail barge Khetanna to the Great Pit of Carkoon to witness the execution of two of the Hutt's prisoners, Luke Skywalker and Han Solo. The prisoners were to be fed to the sarlacc which resided in the pit, but managed to escape and kill Jabba before destroying the sail barge.
Behind the scenesEdit
Saelt-Marae was played by Sean Crawford in Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi in which he briefly appeared in one scene and went unnamed. The character was first named in Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook, Special Edition, a Star Wars Legends supplement for Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game by West End Games. The character's name was confirmed to be canon in Star Wars in 100 Scenes, a reference book by Jason Fry released in 2014.
- Darth Vader 1: Vader
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!
- (Picture only)
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes (First identified as Saelt-Marae)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (Picture only)