Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Sai tok roughly translates as "to cut body in half.""
- ―Cin Drallig
In lightsaber combat, a sai tok, frowned upon by the Jedi because of its Sith-like nature, was the act of cutting an opponent in half, usually separating his or her legs from the torso at the waist. Sometimes, sai tok could vertically bisect an opponent too.
Before even beginning any formal Jedi training, Nomi Sunrider took up her newly-deceased husband's lightsaber, and literally "halved" the space pirate Quanto, as described by his companion Gudb. Sunrider's use of sai tok was unique in that she cleaved Quanto lengthwise rather than through the waist.
In rare instances, it was possible however for the recipient of sai tok to survive, either by use of the Force or some other means.
One such case is that in an impressive display of lightsaber technique, Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi used sai tok to defeat Darth Maul during the Second Battle of Theed. Maul, however, survived, his spirit kept intact by his intense feelings of hatred fueling the dark side of the Force, and escaped to Lotho Minor, replacing his severed lower body with a 6-legged cybernetic apparatus via the Force. This shabby replacement was replaced years later by Mother Talzin on Dathomir with two legs similar to that of General Grievous. Shortly after, they were replaced by Death Watch Leader Pre Vizsla.
Another example would be the Dark Jedi Maw, who received a sai tok from Jedi Master Qu Rahn. Maw managed to survive this usually fatal attack by drawing on his anger through the dark side of the Force. His new disfigurement consequently made him a prime candidate for a completely unique form of lightsaber combat: Trispzest.
- "Fightsaber: Jedi Lightsaber Combat"—Star Wars Insider 62
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Squadrons Over Corellia (Card: Sai Tok Jung Ma)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Galactic Hunters (Card: Sai Tok)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded
Notes & ReferencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- ↑ Tales of the Jedi: The Saga of Nomi Sunrider
- ↑ Star Wars: Darth Maul
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- ↑ Star Wars: Republic: Darkness
- ↑ Jedi: Count Dooku
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Dark Empire II 3: World of the Ancient Sith
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Dark Empire II 6: Hand of Darkness
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Brothers"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revenge"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revival"