Salt, also known as halite and sodium chloride, was a common mineral in the galaxy. To most species it was useful and harmless in small quantities. However to Arcona it caused a powerful addiction that was very difficult to break. Many Arconas became addicted to salt after it was introduced to their world by offworlders. It caused their eyes to turn golden. Some notable salt-addicts were Hem Dazon of Tatooine, and the Jedi Knight Izal Waz.
Salt was known to be poisonous to Gotals. In 43 ABY, Ben Skywalker failed to keep the Gotal Seek Ryontarr alive because the Jade Shadow lacked the saline-free drips necessary to intravenously hydrate the species.
- "Black Curs Blues"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 8
- Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races
- Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters, First Edition
- Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters, Second Edition
- Rogue Squadron: Official Nintendo Player's Guide
- Alien Anthology
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- (First identified as Sodium chloride)
- Battlefront II: Prima Official Game Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
Notes and referencesEdit
- Salt on Wikipedia