Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Salt, also known as halite and sodium chloride, was a common mineral in the galaxy. To most species, it was useful and harmless in small quantities. However, to the Arcona, it caused a powerful addiction that was very difficult to break. Many Arconas became addicted to salt after it was introduced to their world by offworlders. It caused their eyes to turn golden. Some notable salt-addicts were Hem Dazon of Tatooine, and the Jedi Knight Izal Waz.
Salt was known to be poisonous to Gotals. In 43 ABY, Ben Skywalker failed to keep the Gotal Seek Ryontarr alive because the Jade Shadow lacked the saline-free drips necessary to intravenously hydrate the species.
- Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races
- Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters
- Planets of the Galaxy, Volume Two
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley
- Planets of the Galaxy, Volume Three
- Star Wars Technical Journal, Volume One
- Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters
- Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races, Second Edition
- Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters, Second Edition
- Star Wars Technical Journal
- The Star Wars Planets Collection
- "Black Curs Blues"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 8
- Shadows of the Empire Planets Guide
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide
- Alien Anthology
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- (First identified as Sodium chloride)
- Star Wars Battlefront II: Prima Official Game Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook
- Fly Casual
- Strongholds of Resistance
Notes and referencesEdit
- Salt on Wikipedia