The sand fly (also spelled as sandfly or sand-fly) was a species of insect found on the planet Tatooine that buzzed around and disturbed banthas. Sand flies occasionally sat on moisture vaporators. On Tatooine, sandflies were commonly found in the cracked eaves of pourstone buildings in the town of Anchorhead.
Behind the scenesEdit
The sand fly was mentioned in R. A. Salvatore's 1999 novel, The New Jedi Order: Vector Prime. It was again mentioned in the 2011 novel The Old Republic: Deceived and Riptide, both written by Paul S. Kemp.
- The Old Republic: Deceived (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- "Out of the Cradle"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 2 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope novelization (First appearance) (as sand-flies)
- "Spare Parts"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 11 (Mentioned only) (as sandflies)
- The New Jedi Order: Vector Prime (Mentioned only)
- Riptide (Mentioned only)