- "There's always a bigger fish."
- ―Qui-Gon Jinn
Sando aqua monsters were enormous, muscular predators that could be found in the oceans and lakes of Naboo. Although they could grow up to 200 meters, they were rarely seen. Thanks to their sharp teeth, they were capable of biting through the strong armor of the opee sea killers.
Biology and appearanceEdit
Measuring between 160 and 200 meters in length, the sando aqua monsters owed their name to their gigantic size. Despite that, they managed to hide in their native oceanic depths. Sandos had heavily muscled bodies that looked almost feline, with strong limbs ending in finned claws that propelled them through the depths.
Their huge mouths allowed them to swallow most other creatures of the Abyss in a single gulp. Using their razor-sharp teeth, they were also the only predators capable of biting through the hard shells of the opee sea killers.
The sando aqua monsters hailed from Naboo, a Mid Rim planet whose core comprised a network of underwater tunnels. Although the Gungans, the sentient amphibians native to Naboo, rarely encountered living specimens, there were reports of washed-up sando corpses on beaches. For most inhabitants of Naboo, the sando aqua monster was more of a terrifying myth than a reality.
Sando aqua monsters in the galaxyEdit
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Children of the Force" (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Wings of the Master" (Appears as graffiti)
- (First identified as sando aqua monster)
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded