Sar Labooda was a human female who served the Jedi Order prior to the Clone Wars. She had a sister, Depa Billaba, who served on the Jedi Council. Labooda was a member of the assault team, led by Jedi Master Mace Windu, that was sent to Geonosis to rescue Obi-Wan Kenobi. Labooda was killed during the Battle of Geonosis.
During the Separatist Crisis, Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi was captured on Geonosis while investigating the Confederacy of Independent Systems. To rescue the captive Jedi, Jedi Master Mace Windu led a team to Geonosis. The team included Labooda. The arrival of the Jedi led to the beginnings of the Battle of Geonosis, where the Jedi engaged the Separatist Droid Army. Labooda was killed during the battle.
Personality and traitsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
Sar Labooda first appeared in the 2002 film Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones. The character was originally intended to be Depa Billaba. However, the actress used to replace Billaba's portrayer, Dipika O'Neill Joti, looked too dissimilar to Billaba. This led to the creation of Labooda as a separate character.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Sar Labooda)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded identifies Sar Labooda's sister, Depa Billaba, as a Human. If they are sisters, as stated in Ultimate Star Wars, it can be deduced that Labooda is of the same race.
- ↑ "Star Wars Q&A"—Star Wars Insider 67