|Chronological and political information|
- "Together, we stand taller than any obstacle. Let's get to work—together."
- ―Governor Leontyne Saresh
- "Welcome to Taris—I'm Governor Saresh. On behalf of the Galactic Republic, I want to thank you for joining us in this historic project."
- ―A public safety announcement in Olaris Spaceport
A female Twi'lek whose ancestors once lived on the city-world of Taris before its destruction, Leontyne Saresh escaped Imperial slavery as a youth. She joined the government of the Republic and quickly became a prominent member of the Galactic Senate. However, her uncompromising views and her vocal opposition of the Empire led to her appointment as the Senatorial Supervisory Governor of Planetary Affairs on the ruined world of Taris, a position that had destroyed the careers of several other promising individuals. But Saresh took the assignment to heart, putting all of her resources and intellect to work directing the planet's resettlement initiative.
When the Empire invaded Taris in 3,642 BBY and crushed the resettlement project, Saresh managed to escape back to the Republic. By 3,641 BBY, her political standing was significant enough to secure her the position of Supreme Chancellor after her predecessor Dorian Janarus was killed by a bounty hunter. She would later preside over recognition ceremonies for the Barsen'thor of the Jedi Order and the commander of the Special Forces unit Havoc Squad, and during the former ceremony personally welcomed the members of the Rift Alliance back into the Republic fold.
War with the Hutt CartelEdit
- "The Hutts will not be allowed to expand their dominion at our expense."
- ―Chancellor Saresh addressing the Republic heroes assembled
One year later, Chancellor Saresh journeyed to Keylander Station in orbit of the planet Makeb, which had been occupied by the Hutt Cartel as part of a war of conquest. From there, she summoned a Republic operative and briefed them on the situation, with Jedi Grand Master Satele Shan and Supreme Commander Jace Malcom joining in via holocall. Saresh made it clear that the priority was to liberate the people of Makeb, but also stressed that the Cartel's ambitions had to be ended permanently.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
- "The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom"—Star Wars Insider 137 (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Annihilation (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel