A turban-wearing, pipe-smoking Sarkan known as Melas attended Chalmun's Cantina in Mos Eisley when Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi first met Han Solo and Chewbacca. In the year 5 ABY, a Sarkan named Vinthar was part of Eleodie Maracavanya's pirate crew.
Behind the scenesEdit
A Sarkan first appeared as a puppet shot and edited into the cantina footage for the Special Edition of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope in 1997. The new creature, Melas, replaced the Defel Arleil Schous. The Sarkan puppet was actually the same puppet used for Ketwol the Pacithhip, except turned around: the back of Ketwol's head became the Sarkan' face, while Ketwol's trunk and tusks were concealed by the Sarkan's turban.
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance) (Post-1997 releases only)
- —Star Wars Adventures
- Aftermath: Life Debt (First identified as Sarkan)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Aftermath: Life Debt
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Card Trader
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the Battle of Endor During the year 4 ABY. Shattered Empire, Part IV, which shows Shara Bey and Kes Dameron settling on Yavin 4, takes place three months after the Battle of Endor, and Galactic Atlas places Bey and Dameron's move to Yavin 4 in the year 5 ABY.
In the novel Aftermath it is said that months have passed since the Battle of Endor. Aftermath: Life Debt begins two months after the end of Aftermath, therefore the events of the former take place at least four months after the Battle of Endor. Since three months after the Battle of Endor is part of 5 ABY, as shown with Bey and Dameron's settling on Yavin 4, events of Life Debt must take place in 5 ABY at the earliest. On the other hand, the Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Jakku, as depicted in Life Debt's sequel Aftermath: Empire's End, to 5 ABY, as well, leading to the conclusion that Life Debt is set in 5 ABY.