Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sasori Vader was a changeling entity who lived in a Jawa sandcrawler on the planet Tatooine at the time of the Galactic Civil War. Its true form was that of a giant scorpion with red glowing eyes, but it could turn into the shape of the Sith Lord Darth Vader.
In 0 BBY, Sasori Vader, having somehow managed to take over a Jawa sandcrawler, imprisoned two Jawas (who had also managed to kidnap R2-D2 earlier) and incarcerate them in the bridge area of what used to be their sandcrawler. The young Luke Skywalker then made his way to the sandcrawler in order to free his droid friend and confront Sasori Vader, who had taken the shape of Darth Vader. During the ensuing fight, Sasori Vader turned back into its true form, but he was eventually defeated and killed by Skywalker.
Behind the scenesEdit
Sasori Vader was one of the stage bosses in the Japanese Star Wars 1987 video game. The game featured various fake Vaders which all happened to be shapeshifting monsters. The canonicity of this game and the creatures it features is dubious.
According to both "Game On!," an article published in Star Wars Insider 135, and the game manual, the fake Vaders (Clados, Gyaos, Sasori and Wampa) were "intended as illusions representing Luke's fears, like the Cave of Evil scene in Empire Strikes Back." However, since those game opponents were able to kidnap Luke Skywalker's allies and hold them prisoner, this article assumes they were real creatures rather than illusions. Additionally, the Vader-shaped figure that Skywalker fought in the Cave of Evil was more than mere illusion, being in fact a protean dark side entity known as the Dark Spirit.
- Star Wars (1987 video game) (First appearance)
- "Game Room: Darth Vader's Plenty Game"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 11 (Indirect mention only)
- "Game On!"—Star Wars Insider 135
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Star Wars (1987 video game)
- ↑ "Game On!"—Star Wars Insider 135
- ↑ Star Wars: Power of the Jedi (Card: Darth Vader) (Accessible on DARTH VADER (Dagobah). Rebelscum.com. Retrieved on January 14, 2013.)
- ↑ Famicom Star Wars manual (pdf). Video Game Den. Retrieved on January 15, 2013.
- ↑ Meaning of sasori in Japanese (pdf). RomajiDesu.com. Retrieved on January 15, 2013.