Saturday Night Live (often abbreviated SNL) is a comedy-variety TV series created by Lorne Michaels. It has aired new episodes on NBC since 1975. Over the years, the show has included a number of skits tied into the Star Wars films, often featuring various cast members.
- In the January 28, 1978 episode, Bill Murray sings (as his "Nick The Louge Singer" character) a song about Star Wars set to the tune of the Star Wars Main Title.
- Carrie Fisher hosted the the November 18, 1978 dressed as Leia Organa, and later appeared in a skit as the character.
- A skit in the January 11, 1997 episode parodies the audition process for Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope.
- In the March 15, 1997 episode, Mark Hamill stars in a home shopping parody in which the hosts try to sell him among a line of Star Wars merchandise.
- In the May 8, 1999 episode, "The Ladies' Man" (Tim Meadows) asks Monica Lewinski how big the opening box office for Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace will be. In the same episode, Jimmy Fallon sings a song about the movie during "Weekend Update."
- In the May 15 episode, Tim Meadows plays Billy Dee Williams during "Weekend Update."
In the January 12, 2002 episode, Daryl Hammond plays George Lucas, who addresses fan concerns over the upcoming Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones. The skit also featured Obi-Wan Kenobi (Seth Meyers), Mace Windu (Tracy Morgan) and NSYNC (played by various actors, including Jimmy Fallon).
- In the February 5, 2005 episode, Tina Fey plays Leia Organa in a skit answering calls for a "nerd hotline."
- In the May 21, 2005 episode, there is a skit in which a group of costumed fans are at a theater to see Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith.
- In the March 29, 2014 episode, Louis C.K. plays a man concerned that there is a Darth Vader action figure in his anus. This starts a trend where others in the office start showing concern for the same thing.
- In the September 27 episode, there is a segment with Chris Pratt dressed as Leia Organa.
- In the December 6 episode, there is a parody of the teaser for Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which pokes fun at the ages of Han, Lando, Leia and Luke.
- In the November 21, 2015 episode, there is a new version of the Star Wars auditions, this time featuring cast from The Force Awakens.
- In the December 12 episode, there is a mock commercial for Star Wars toys, in which adult collectors are parodied.
- Natalie Portman returned as host for the February 3, 2018 episode. She appears in an updated version of her 2006 rap—at one point defending the prequel trilogy while dressed as Queen Amidala.
- A skit was produced but cut for the March 3 episode, in which J.J. Abrams introduces a preview for an upcoming standalone film called "The Mos Eisley Five: A Star Wars Story."
- Donald Glover hosted the May 5 episode. He appeared in a skit as Lando Calrissian, alongside Saw Gerrera (again played by Kenan Thompson) and Max Rebo.
- Adam Driver will again be host for the September 29th episode, which will be the debt of the show's 44th season.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 Reilly, Dan (January 21, 2016). Star Wars and Saturday Night Live's Long History in 16 Sketches. vulture.com.
- ↑ Nerd Chat Line. nbc.com.
- ↑ Ziss, Sophy (January 15, 2017). 'Saturday Night Live' Review: Felicity Jones Hosts Uneven Hour That Robs Us Of Hope. indiewire.com.
- ↑ Kumari Upadhyaya, Kayla (February 4, 2018). 'SNL': Natalie Portman One-Ups Her 2006 Viral Rap in Second Hosting Gig. billboard.com.
- ↑ Anderton, Ethan (March 6, 2018). LOL: Charles Barkley Can't Understand 'Star Wars' Aliens in This Cut 'SNL' Sketch. Slashfilm.
- ↑ Turchiano, Danielle (April 14, 2018). 'Saturday Night Live' Books Donald Glover as Host and Musical Guest. Retrieved on April 22, 2018.
- ↑ Cavanaugh, Patrick (September 18, 2018). 'Star Wars' Star Adam Driver to Host 'Saturday Night Live' Season Premiere. comicbook.com.