The Saurin were a species of sentient reptiles from the planet of Durkteel, in the Mid Rim of the galaxy. They had imposing, jagged teeth, had knobby skin, and ridges along the length of their heads. On the day Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker met Han Solo and Chewbacca in the cantina of Mos Eisley, there were two Saurin patrons in the bar. A Saurin was among the residents of Jabba the Hutt's palace.
Behind the scenesEdit
Two Saurins appeared in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, during the bar scene. On set, they were simply known as "Crockers" or "Gila-Men," but one of them was to have been given the proper name of "Gilaass."
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Chewbacca, Part I
- Star Wars: Darth Vader 1: Vader
- Star Wars 5: Skywalker Strikes, Part V
- Star Wars: Darth Vader 7: Shadows and Secrets, Part I
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- (First identified as Saurin)