Savareen was a planet that was located at one spur of the Kessel Run, in the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories. The planet consisted of sandy landmasses and huge oceans. Savareen was also known for its famous brandy drink. The Crimson Dawn once had a business there and they chopped off the tongues of the natives.
Showdown on SavareenEdit
After the raid on Kessel, Han Solo and the rest of Beckett's gang went to Savareen to refine the coaxium they had stolen from the Pyke Syndicate on Kessel. While they were there Enfys Nest and her gang of Cloud-Riders had a stand-off with Beckett's gang, after which Enfys regaled them with the story of how Crimson Dawn had terrorized the village. Han decided he could not give the coaxium to Dryden Vos, and thus came up with a plan to cheat him. Tobias Beckett refused to have any part of this treachery. Han and Qi'ra went to Dryden's office, while Enfys and her marauders defended the villagers from the Hylobon Enforcers. While in Dryden's office, it was revealed that Beckett had betrayed Han, and he fled with the refined coaxium. Qi'ra killed Dryden, and Han killed Beckett. Qi'ra then contacted Maul and informed him of Dryden's death. Han then watched with Chewbacca as Qi'ra left Savareen on the First Light.
Behind the scenesEdit
An inspiration for the appearance of Saraveen in the 2018 Star Wars Anthology film Solo: A Star Wars Story were the lavish landscapes of the American West by the 19th century painters Frederick Church and and Albert Bierstadt. The design of the dilapidated structures at Saraveen, on the other hand, were based on a piece of concept art entitled "Bespin - Floating City Ruins", created by the legendary Star Wars concept artist Ralph McQuarrie and previously shown in 1995's The Illustrated Star Wars Universe.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (First mentioned)
- (First pictured)
- Entertainment Weekly's The Ultimate Guide to Han Solo
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Poe Dameron: Flight Log states that atmospheres habitable to oxygen-breathers, such as humans, are known as "Type 1" atmosphere. Solo: A Star Wars Story shows that Savareen's atmosphere is breathable to humans, therefore the planet has a Type 1 atmosphere.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Solo: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- ↑ 5.0 5.1
- ↑ The Art of Solo: A Star Wars Story