Scandocs were a form of identification used by the Galactic Empire. They could be uploaded to a ship's mainframe alongside clearance codes. Jyn Erso became skilled at forging scandocs during her time with Saw Gerrera and the Partisans. The Partisans used Erso's forged scandocs for various purposes, including avoiding an Imperial blockade and gaining admission to secure events. After leaving the Partisans, Erso later forged a set of scandocs for her alias, Liana Hallik, a name she lived under for five years until her rescue from the Imperial labor camp on Wobani in the year 0 BBY. Prisoners at the Imperial Detention Center & Labor Camp LEG-817 on Wobani were expected to present scandocs prior to work assignments. The Imperial authorities verified the scandocs of all passengers and crew aboard ships arriving on Jedha. Stormtroopers at the Ring of Kafrene demanded to see Cassian Andor's scandocs in the year 0 BBY.
- Rebel Rising (First appearance)
- Guardians of the Whills (Mentioned only)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First mentioned)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel (Mentioned only)