|Scanning crew BT-455|
Shortly after the destruction of Alderaan, the Millennium Falcon was captured by the Death Star and was held in Docking Bay 327. An initial search of the freighter turned up neither its crew nor its passengers. Believing that a more thorough search was required, Darth Vader ordered Captain Khurgee to send a scanning crew aboard the vessel since sensors would be able to detect things that the naked eye could not.
Scanning crew BT-445 was requisitioned to perform this task. They entered the docking bay and brought their equipment case up the Falcon's entry ramp while stormtroopers TK-421 and TK-422 stood guard at the foot of the ramp. Shortly after they set the case down the crewmen were surprised and knocked out by Han Solo and Chewbacca. Solo then lured the stormtroopers into another ambush by vocally impersonating one of the crewmen.
The two crewmen and the stormtroopers were later found unconscious aboard the Falcon shortly after a firefight had broken out in Detention Block AA-23. The crewmen were taken to an infirmary and later perished in the destruction of the Death Star.
Behind the scenesEdit
In Star Wars 3: Death Star, the characters of Scanning crew BT-445 are portrayed as being the stormtroopers TK-421 ("TX-421") and TK-422.
- Star Wars: The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope junior novel
- Star Wars radio dramatization
- Choose Your Own Star Wars Adventure: A New Hope
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: Scanning Crew) (First identified as Scanning crew BT-445)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The National Public Radio Dramatization
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia