|Scanning in the Vergesso Asteroids|
- "The captured pirate has divulged information he's gathered on this superweapon project. We know where Tarkin was conducting research, but we risk a frontal assault on a fortified Imperial station."
- ―Mon Mothma
The station in question was heavily defended, so Han Solo was tasked with infiltrating an Imperial cargo facility in the Vergesso Asteroids and attaching an EMP device to a container bound for Tarkin’s station.
- Mon Mothma: "You're going to find a particular cargo container that is destined for an Imperial research facility, and place a device in it."
- Han Solo: "This device wouldn't be of the explosive persuasion, would it?"
- ―Mon Mothma and Han Solo[src]
After destroying some TIE/LN starfighters on patrol, Han found the container and succeeded in placing the EMP device and left the system before any more Imperial reinforcements arrived.
- "We've been tracking the cargo container, and the Empire has finally delivered it to the station at Corulag. The EMP device we've planted will be discovered soon, so time is critical. Hurry to Corulag and detonate the device. With the station's defenses taken offline, we can move in and raid the facility for information."
- ―Mon Mothma
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Empire at War (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Prima Official Game Guide (First identified as Scanning in the Vergesso Asteroids)
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption: Prima Official Game Guide
Notes and referencesEdit