- "Blast! I really hate those scavs!"
The Trade Federation employed a large number of these droids to search through the remains of their battle droids after battles, to seek out any parts which could be used again in new droids, therefore cutting costs. They were also used by salvagers to aid their exploits.
Another variant, used by Trandoshan mercenaries and slavers, was built to attach to a clone trooper's helmet, drill through the visor, eliminate the trooper, and then carry them away. This type was also equipped with a beam weapon capable of draining the personal shields used by clone commandos. Their programming included a suicide ramming attack in case of sustaining significant damage. They could also attach themselves to walls and cut through cables, waiting silently for their prey and then attacking. Afterwards, the droids would pick up the bodies and carry them to dump sites.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Strongholds
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Racer Revenge
- Star Wars: Republic Commando
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption (Cut from final version)
- Imperial Sourcebook
- Imperial Sourcebook, Second Edition
- "Blasters for Hire"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 3 (As "salvage droid")
- Cynabar's Fantastic Technology: Droids (As "salvage droid")
- Strongholds of Resistance