- "A scientist must question—or be worth nothing."
- ―Vul Isen
Scientists were beings who followed the profession of studying, and in some cases, manipulating the nature of the galaxy. They studied biology, chemistry, physics, or derivatives of these fields. Many scientists also displayed a great interest in Midi-chlorians. Some scientists, such as Jenna Zan Arbor, made a living by introducing a virus into a world, then months later, when the civilization was devastated by it, released the cure for a huge sum of credits.
Scientists' field of enterprise varied greatly, with some going into the design of interstellar ships, aiding the creation of ships such as the TIE/D Defender or the Star Destroyer, or building Superweapons. Many also stuck to the typical natural scientific studies. Often, scientists had the title of doctor, like Farnsworth. Scientists either worked alone, or as a community at universities such as the University of Coruscant or the University of Sanbra.
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back
- Imperial Sourcebook
- Galaxy Guide 5: Return of the Jedi
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- The DarkStryder Campaign
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- Dice, Camera, Action! The Big Twist"—Star Wars Gamer 10 "
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Suns of Fortune
- Dangerous Covenants
- Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook