Even before the outbreak of the Clone Wars, Scipio became an important world for the Galactic Republic, being one of the center worlds of the InterGalactic Banking Clan. This commerce guild build its massive vaults on the planet, where the Bank profits were safely held.
Senator Rush Clovis represented the InterGalactic Banking Clan until he was arrested by fellow senator Lott Dod on Cato Neimoidia. Later, Rush Clovis became the head of the Banking Clan conglomerate, after the council of five was arrested for corruption and fraud.
To prevent the Banking clan from becoming corrupted again, both the Galactic Republic and the Separatists agreed to send ambassadors to the planet, to secure both parties' agendas. Padmé Amidala was sent to represent the Galactic Republic and Bec Lawise was sent on the behalf of the Confederacy. Clovis' appointment as the head of the InterGalactic Banking Clan did not last long as he was killed during the Separatist attack on the planet, sacrificing himself to save Padmé Amidala.
Behind the scenesEdit
Scipio was first referenced in "Senate Spy," an episode of the animated television series Star Wars: The Clone Wars. The Star Wars Legends reference book The Essential Atlas, published in 2008, originally placed the planet in the Core Worlds. According to Jason Fry, co-author of the book, the decision to place the planet in the Core was made when the only known information about Scipio was that it was the homeworld of Rush Clovis, so the authors felt that the Core was a fitting choice. However, once The Clone Wars went into more detail about Scipio, including how it was an important world to the InterGalactic Banking Clan, the planet was moved to the Outer Rim Territories near Muunilinst as it made more sense to have it within the geographic Banking Clan sphere. The 2015 reference book Ultimate Star Wars accidentally stated that Scipio is in the Core as a result of an editing mistake.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Spy" (First mentioned)
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "An Old Friend" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Rise of Clovis"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis at the Heart"
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ; images #22, 23 (of 27)
- ; image #20 (of 29)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "To better fit the storytelling. Scipio was placed in the Core when nothing was known about it other than that it was the homeworld of Rush Clovis. A Core placement seemed to fit based on that, though it wasn't much to go on. When Clone Wars gave us stories actually set on Scipio, we saw that it was a critical IGBC world with a significant Muun presence, so it was moved to a location in the ORT near Muunilinst. Which makes *far* more sense than the Core. This change was actually made for Ultimate Star Wars -- note it says Scipio is in Albarrio sector, which is in the ORT. The region wasn't changed because of an editing mistake."
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "An Old Friend"
- ↑ . “Correct.”
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Spy"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis at the Heart"
- ↑ The Essential Atlas