| Physical information
Type I (Breathable)
|Points of interest|
The planet was at some point host to a warrior culture, whose influence could still be seen in the inhabitants' clothing styles which mimicked armor. The people also used tattoos to indicate status.
Even before the outbreak of the Clone Wars, Scipio became an important world for the Galactic Republic, being one of the center worlds of the InterGalactic Banking Clan. This commerce guild build its massive vaults on the planet, where the Bank profits were safely held.
Senator Rush Clovis represented the InterGalactic Banking Clan from 25 BBY to 22 BBY until he was arrested by fellow senator Lott Dod on Cato Neimoidia. In 20 BBY, Rush Clovis became the head of the Banking Clan conglomerate, after the council of five was arrested for corruption and fraud.
To prevent the Banking clan from becoming corrupted again, both the Galactic Republic and the Separatists agreed to send ambassadors to the planet, to secure both parties' agendas. Padmé Amidala was sent to represent the Galactic Republic and Bec Lawise was sent on the behalf of the Confederacy. Clovis's appointment as the head of the InterGalactic Banking Clan did not last long as he was killed during the Separatist attack on the planet, sacrificing himself to save Padmé Amidala.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Spy" (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "An Old Friend" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Rise of Clovis"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis at the Heart"
- The Essential Atlas (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Character Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- "Launch Pad"—Star Wars Insider 137 (First pictured)