- "The only difference between medium range and long range is what equipment you're using."
- ―Unidentified individual
A scope was a piece of optical enhancement technology that could be attached to a blaster in order to significantly increase the accuracy of the user's shots, particularly at longer ranges. Typical scopes were extensions of macrobinocular technology, where the visual-enhancement provided therein was reformed from a hand-portable device into a single, lightweight tube-like shape that could be easily mounted onto a weapon's upper surface.
Scopes were essential components for most types of sniper rifles and could also appear on customized weapons where they had been fitted. An example of this was the Tusken Cycler.
"Scopes" or "'scopes" was also a slang term for a ships sensor systems.
Types of scopesEdit
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Darth Bane: Path of Destruction
- Star Wars: Battlefront
- Star Wars: Republic Commando
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 3"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Deserter"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duchess of Mandalore"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Assassin"
- Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron
- Han Solo at Stars' End
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars 7: New Planets, New Perils
- Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Essential Guide to Warfare