- "You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life."
- ―Han Solo
During the years of the Great Galactic War and the Cold War that followed it circa 3653 BBY, the term scoundrel referred to a particular breed of smuggler who fought for the Galactic Republic. These scoundrels were known for their unpredictability, skill, and underhandedness in combat.
The term applied to types that lived outside the law by their own, often amoral, set of rules, or fought against the law. Scoundrels would typically employ bravado, trickery or cunning to accomplish tasks and many would not hesitate to lie, steal or cheat if the situation called for it.[source?]
Examples of scoundrelsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
The scoundrel is a hero class in the Star Wars Roleplaying Game and the KotOR and KotOR II video games. The class is characterized by having many skill points, but very little Vitality Points or Feats. Additionally, the class also receives the "Sneak Attack" and "Scoundrel's Luck" line of feats for free. While sneak attack focuses on increased damage for a stealth based opening attack, Scoundrel's Luck" passively increases their defense points allowing for higher dodge chances. It is considered by many to be an "expert class." focusing, stealth, demolition, security, and Repair. The Star Wars Roleplaying Game Revised Core Rulebook grants scoundrels similar abilities.
The scoundrel is an advanced class for the smuggler class in Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO video game. This advanced class can specialize in Scrapper, Sawbones (healing), or dirty fighting, the use of a blaster Scatter gun, stealth, and combat medicine. The Imperial counterpart for this archetype is the operative.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire
- Outward Bound (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First mentioned)
- (as thief)
- (as thief)
- (as thief)
- Star Wars: The Art of the Brothers Hildebrandt
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game
- Ultimate Adversaries
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- Galaxy of Intrigue
- The Unknown Regions
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Fly Casual