Scout troopers could be found aboard Darth Vader's personal fleet, Death Squadron. One of the scout troopers' priorities were to aid the Sith Lord in squashing out the Rebel Alliance along with its sympathisers and secret allies.
Scout troopers notably protected the SLD-26 planetary shield generator (which protected the construction of the Death Star II over the forest moon of Endor) since the remoteness of the shield bunker necessitated speeder bikes and the thick forest environment demanded quick reflexes to traverse the landscape at high speeds.
Equipped with light armor for greater mobility and optics in their helmets that allowed faster reaction times when piloting speeder bikes, scout troopers were expert marksmen, trained in reconnaissance and infiltration as well as additional independence and adaptability than most Imperial troops. They also commonly utilized 614-AvA speeder bikes, and later 74-Z speeder bikes. Also within their ranks were the Sniper troopers, specialists trained to use smoke grenades and the E-11s long-range blaster. Their helmets could also be retracted up while still being worn, allowing the wearer's face to be revealed.
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Ezra's Gamble
- The Rebellion Begins (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Hera's Heroes"
- Darth Vader 7: Shadows and Secrets, Part I
- "Inbrief"—Star Wars Insider 161 (Picture only)
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Star Wars: Commander
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Shattered Empire, Part I
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Gambit on Geonosis" (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- The Art of Star Wars: Uprising