The scrange was a large tusk-tailed amphibian that lived in the muddy swamp area of Dagobah.
This creature had many bioluminescent patches on its body to light its way around or to attract prey. When prey got close, the scrange would lift out of the mud on its crustaceal legs to make a quick attack or it would use its tail tusks to impale its prey.
Scranges somehow found their way to several worlds. During the Clone Wars Battle of Brentaal IV, a scrange attacked Jedi Master Shaak Ti and her crew of Quinlan Vos, Lyshaa, Ryyk, Sagoro Autem, and a clone trooper. The predator was able to kill Ryyk, but was killed by Ti when she pierced its head with her lightsaber.
- The Illustrated Star Wars Universe (First appearance)
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 91 (DAG9-10, Dagobah Swamp Creatures)
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations