This series of droids was designed to clean up hazardous materials from spaceports and hangar areas. The scrubber, which resembled a squat box, moved about in search of fuel spills and other areas where potentially dangerous chemicals pooled. It could communicate with the Theed Royal Palace computer system. The box-shaped droid was equipped with fuel scrubbers and two sensors called "sniffers" to detect any dangerous fuel leaks.
The scrubber was effective at its work, collecting as much of the hazardous material as possible without any sort of fear of its dangerous situation. In those situations where a fire broke out before the scrubber could clean up a spill, the droid was equipped with a fire extinguisher to put out a variety of fire types.
A scrubber droid model was used by the Royal Naboo Security Forces in 32 BBY. Yet two other scrubber droids were found in Watto's shop. A droid of another model was acquired by Jawas on Tatooine and stored in their Digger crawler in 0 BBY.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace game
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Clone Cadets"
- Fire Ring Race (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- "Set Piece"—Star Wars Insider 61
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary (As "Hangar deck scrubber droid")
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (As "Hangar deck scrubber droid")