- "Every Sith wanted to be king. And so we argued, while the Republic grew frail–its citizens sickened with plague–and became isolated by a decaying infrastructure. Coruscant's throat lay bare beneath our blades, but the Sith plunged their knives into one another's backs instead!"
- ―Darth Bane's writings
The Second Sith Civil War occurred during the New Sith Wars, sometime prior to 1010 BBY. In it, the New Sith Empire collapsed into infighting. The Jedi Master Skere Kaan conquered the feuding warlords and unified them, declaring himself a Sith Lord. Kaan established the Brotherhood of Darkness, with Kopecz and Qordis as two of the highest-ranking members.
- Knight Errant (First appearance)
- Darth Bane: Path of Destruction (Mentioned only)
- Darth Plagueis (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace novelization (First mentioned)
- The Essential Chronology
- The New Essential Chronology
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side
- The Essential Guide to Warfare