- "There will be bloodshed, and the skies over Korriban will burn. I'll profane your sacred ground and stop your children from ever existing. I bring war to you, my Emperor."
- ―Exal Kressh
In 3678 BBY during the Great Galactic War, a major battle occurred in the Horuset system between the forces of the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. The engagement was catalyzed by the treason of the Sith apprentice Exal Kressh, who chose to betray the Empire because her former Master, the Sith Emperor, had secretly been trying to possess her body through dark sorcery and begin the formation of his "Children"—a group of sentients who were entirely beholden to the psychic will and powers of the Emperor. Hoping to use the Republic to exact revenge against the Emperor and end his plans to create more Children, Kressh leaked Imperial Military secrets pertaining to the defense of the Sith holy world of Korriban to the Jedi Order and Republic Navy. Eager to act upon the intelligence, Republic Military leaders approved an invasion of the Horuset system with the intention of destroying the Sith Academy on Korriban and seizing from the Empire its most historically valuable world.
The battle began after Exal Kressh infiltrated Korriban and sent word of her position to the Republic Navy, which swiftly jumped into the Horuset system and began taking advantage of the defending Imperial fleet's surprise and gaps in protection. While the battle raged in orbit, Republic landing teams consisting of Jedi and soldiers assaulted the Sith academy on the surface. Using the Republic's attack as a distraction, Kressh sneaked into the tombs adjacent to the Academy with the intent to find and destroy the Children of the Emperor who were being prepared for ritual possession. Although she nearly succeeded, Kressh was interrupted by the disgraced apprentice Teneb Kel, who had been tasked by the Empire's Dark Council to hunt down and kill the rogue Sith. After an intense lightsaber duel in Korriban's tombs, Kel executed Kressh and fulfilled his mandate to protect the Emperor's works. Without the treasonous Sith providing information from within the Academy, the Republic's assault quickly crumbled and the Empire once again secured its hold over Korriban with the Emperor's secrets safe once more.
- "The recording came a week ago—made it to command through an SIS middleman, same as the others. The fleet's already taking position."
"Too good an opportunity to pass up. Thank you, Commodore."
- ―A Republic Commodore and Jedi Master Jerbhen Hulis discuss Kressh's aid
The Republic returns to KorribanEdit
- "...twelve Republic ships past the ion mine-field, and three transports are making planetfall. My Lord, we are under siege. Tell me you're here with reinforcements."
"I come alone. Resume your duties, Captain."
- ―An Imperial captain and Teneb Kel
Kressh and Kel in the tombsEdit
- "You think sniffing out the truth makes you special? You think your rage makes you strong?"
"Maybe you are Sith—but you're still a failure."
- ―Exal Kressh and Teneb Kel in Korriban's tombs
- Marr: "...you slew the traitor, as you were commanded. Yet you failed to prevent the attack on Korriban."
- Kel: "It proved infeasible, my Lords."
- Vowrawn: "Indeed, and the results were not entirely displeasing. Still, you have been masterless for too long. We shall judge your future in the Empire."
- ―Darth Marr, Teneb Kel, and Darth Vowrawn discuss the aftermath of the Korriban attack[src]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic, Blood of the Empire Act 3: Burn the Future (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic, Blood of the Empire Act 2: The Broken World
- ↑ The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural indicates that the Minos Cluster Campaign lasted for the entirety of the twenty-eight year Great Galactic War, meaning that the campaign occurred in concurrence with second battle of Korriban.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia indicates that the next known battle in the chronology of the war is the Battle of Bomodon
- ↑ 4.00 4.01 4.02 4.03 4.04 4.05 4.06 4.07 4.08 4.09 4.10 4.11 4.12 4.13 4.14 4.15 4.16 4.17 4.18 4.19 4.20 4.21 4.22 4.23 4.24 4.25 4.26 4.27 4.28 4.29 4.30 4.31 4.32 4.33 4.34 4.35 Star Wars: The Old Republic, Blood of the Empire Act 3: Burn the Future
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic, Blood of the Empire Act 1: Shades of the Sith places the events of Blood of the Empire twenty-five years before the Treaty of Coruscant, which is signed in 3653 BBY according to Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. This indicates that Blood of the Empire occurs in 3678 BBY.